Galloway Johnson takes 2nd Place in Hogs for the Cause
Competing against more than 90 teams, including some of New Orleans best known chefs, Galloway’s team, Aporkalypse Now, won second place overall, losing out to the grand champions by just 3/10th of a point!
In individual categories, Galloway placed:
- 1st in Whole Hog (thanks to Jonathon Walker of Walker’s BBQ on Hayne Blvd in New Orleans East)
- 2nd in Porkpourri (thanks to Larry Canada’s amazing bacon-lava)
- 6th place in Ribs (Larry Canada and our BBQ ringer, James Cruse, teamed up for this)
- 7th place in Shoulder, and
- 10th place in fundraising (raising over $11,000, thanks in large part to Jen Sinder’s tireless efforts).
This was a great team effort for a great cause. Special thanks to Larry Canada, Jennifer Sinder, Stephanie Dovalina, Scott Huete and Jason Camelford for many, many hours of hard work.
To read more about the event, click here!