Download PDF



Galloway’s immigration practice is focused on assisting its business clients with obtaining business visas (B1), other temporary work visas, and Green Cards, and assisting in family-based immigration issues. Most foreign citizens planning to come to the United States temporarily for different reasons, such as temporary work assignments, academics, journalism, medical treatment or to visit friends and relatives, must obtain a “non-immigrant” or “visitor” visa, meaning that the individual does not intend to immigrate to the United States permanently. A B1 visa for business or B2 visa for pleasure can be granted individually or together with the individual’s family members.  Depending on the country of origin, some foreign nationals may even be eligible to participate in the Visa Waiver Program, which enables citizens or nationals of participating countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. Galloway will work with you to file the appropriate paperwork to obtain a visa for 90 days, six months, or up to 10 years with multiple entries, depending on your situation and needs.

We also can help you to determine and apply for the most appropriate non-immigrant visa, which best fits your family and needs.  The “alphabet soup” of non-immigrant visas include the F, H-3, J, L, M, O, P, Q, and R visas. Upon arrival, additional visa extensions may be granted with USCIS approval. The Immigration and Nationality Act presumes that every foreign visitor is an “intending immigrant,” so it is your job to prove to the U.S. Department of State (DOS) that you intend to leave the United States upon the conclusion of your visit. Galloway will assist you in gathering the appropriate evidence for the DOS to meet your burden of proof, including evidence of your home in your country, and letters specifying the purpose and duration of your trip.

If you wish to remain in the United States indefinitely or plan to work in the United States, then a tourist or visitor visa is not the appropriate visa for you. There are several categories of temporary non-immigrant visas that permit a foreign national to work legally in the United States for a limited period of time and within a specific scope of work. Alternatively, an eligible foreign national wishing to become a U.S. citizen may instead take up a period of Legal Permanent Residence in the United States under what is commonly known as a “Green Card.”  A “Green Card” must be obtained from the USCIS through a variety of potential family-based or employment-based categories for those individuals who qualify. Galloway can also assist you in obtaining your Legal Permanent Resident card in order to ultimately gain your U.S. citizenship. After the appropriate time period of legal permanent residence in the United States, Galloway can also assist you with filing your Naturalization N-400 application to become a full United States citizen.

The immigration system is complex and ever evolving. It is important to know the ins and outs of the immigration system, which is why hiring an experienced visa attorney is tremendously advantageous. Galloway looks forward to working with you to determine the best options for your immigration needs.